[Qgis-user] ctrl-c selection issue

Jeroen Hovens mail at groenebij.nl
Wed Jan 10 05:58:46 PST 2018

Update: Solution.

After saving the csv file as a shape-file and then loading the .dbf file into qgis everything worked as intended.

Although Qgis couldn’t create the .shp file and the .dbf file actually ‘grew’ from 227 MB (.cvs) to 9.4 GB (.dbf), I can now copy any selection without any problem.

And along the way I discovered the option Split Vector Layer, which is what I was doing, however I was doing it one at the time, instead of creating 388 new layers at once (because I need just a few).

And Split Vector Layer doesn’t work fort the .csv file or the .dbf by the way, it is probably missing some information.

So, still no idea what is going wrong in the .cvs file, but I have a workable solution.

Thank you all for your thoughts.

Gr.

Jeroen