[Qgis-user] 2.18.13: WMS caching deactivated?

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Sun Jan 14 03:33:18 PST 2018

Hi Bernd,

tested your WMS in current master

If I go to Options/Network/Cache settings, it is at least with me set to
a 'cache' directory in my current profile (so readable/writable).

If I look into the sub dirs in that dir, I see at least some
cache/data8/2/31780thr.d like files created

But I agree that even when you do not move your canvas (by only
switching between scale 50.000 and 100.000) that it takes several
seconds all the time..

In debug messages, I see a full url being created all the time, not sure
if these messages:

(cacheReplyProgress) [102ms] [thread:0x7f2a38072160] 3290598 of unknown
number of bytes of map downloaded.

is actually a cached image reply or not...

I also see this message: not sure if that is ok or not.
Trying to draw a WMS image on the main thread. Stop it!

Last question would be for me: IS it possible to cache WMS's? I mean,
normally the exact scale, bbox etc are never exactly the same.
So QGIS could only really cache in the case I mentioned above, when the
user does not toch mapcanvas but only switches by using the Scale dropdown.

But maybe Juergen or other WMS-dev's can elaborate on that?

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde