[Qgis-user] Using Figures Generated with QGIS Software

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Thu Jul 5 07:17:41 PDT 2018

Hi Dan,

We had this question come up in the past.

There are certainly no restrictions. There may be usage restrictions on
the data you use, but certainly not a restriction from QGIS as a
software.

A couple weeks ago, we had a very similar question, because some Journal
told authors that they need to ask the QGIS.ORG project for permission.
This is of course nonsense.

I don't know why the academic community came up with the idea that the
usage of QGIS comes with restrictions on what you can publish or not.

Please tell anyone else who is in doubt, that QGIS does not put any
restrictions on you - on the contrary - we want to empower people to
publish their projects wherever they want to.

Andreas Neumann
QGIS.ORG board member