[Qgis-user] GPS Live Tracking Problem

Nicolas Cadieux nicolas.cadieux at archeotec.ca
Sun Jul 29 13:04:31 PDT 2018

Hi,

I am shooting from the hip as I don’t use the plugin.  I imagine the plugin creates its own temporary layer.  I suspect the layer probably disappears when the plugin is disabled?  I imagine there is probably a setting in the plugin that can help you decide where to save the data. Did you try to save the project or to save the layer? (I figure you probably did both.). If not, make sure the layer is in editing mode and saved at the end unless the gps track is somehow saved in the project file.

If the track is saved in a memory layer, then you can download a plugin made to save those temporary memory layers.

If all else fails, contact the plugin programmer and go to the plugin web site if it exists.   Hopefully, more people will try to help here.
Cheers!

Nicolas