[Qgis-user] Importing data from ERDDAP server?

Alexandre Neto senhor.neto at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 15:14:49 PDT 2018

Hello Cara,

The layer seems to contain 6 different bands. You can use the Single
Grayscale or Single Pseudocolor renderer and select the layer you wish to
visualize.

https://docs.qgis.org/testing/en/docs/user_manual/working_with_raster/raster_properties.html#singleband-gray

Besides, I think the https protocol only allow direct links to files. In
your can the link seems to also contain a query. That may be the reason for
not working.

Alexandre Neto

Cara Wilson - NOAA Federal <cara.wilson at noaa.gov> escreveu no dia terça,
31/07/2018 às 21:30:

> I’m new to GIS and QGIS, and am trying to figure out the best way to
> import a 3-dimensional (lat-long-time) block of satellite data from an
> ERDDAP server into QGIS.  For example, using erddap I downloaded, using the
> url below,  6 months of chlorophyll data from the equatorial Pacific into a
> file on my computer (the url below generates a file called
> nesdisVHNSQchlaMonthly_xxxx_xxxx_xxxx.nc where xxxx are randomly generated
> characters.)
>
> I am able to load this data into qGIS using the add raster layer command
> and file as the source type, but I was not able to figure out how to
> differentiate the different temporal layers (Jan -June of 2018).
>
> Additionally I would prefer to download this data directly from errdap
> using the http protocol as the source type.  However nothing happens when I
> used the https, i.e. using the following as input in the url box of the
> https protocol:
>

> https://coastwatch.pfeg.noaa.gov/erddap/griddap/nesdisVHNSQchlaMonthly.nc?chlor_a[(2018-01-01T12:00:00Z):1:(2018-06-01T12:00:00Z)][(0.0):1:(0.0)][(20.00625):1:(-20.00625)][(-179.9812):1:(-69.99374)]
>
> Is there a opendap protocol for bringing data into qGIS? Any help on
> either of these issues would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thank you
>
> Cara Wilson

Alexandre Neto
@AlexNetoGeo