[Qgis-user] geotiff to polygons

Colm O'Neill mail at colm.be
Thu Mar 1 10:06:17 PST 2018

Hi all,

I'm wondering if this is a possiblity or if I'm off my mark:

I'm working from a geotiff (that contains NO² levels — pollution
indexes) that covers all of Belgium. From the geotiff, I performed a
clipping, and a contour extraction. This is great and let me perform my
spacial queries and data joins. I think:

These contours are just that, contours, lines. Is there any way of
filling these zones in? I would need this for non buffered querying +
visualisation of my end webmap, to show the levels of pollution
according to the geotiff.

I'm looking at all of the vector geometry processing tools, but none of
them seem to let me fill in the shapes that the contours extraction
created. I'm sure I'm missing something, I've not been a qgis user for
very long.

Thanks in avance!

All the best,

Colm.