[Qgis-user] Why is pandas not part of the QGIS python package?

Ivan Dochev ivandochev at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 8 04:30:19 PST 2018

Hi,

I apologize if this was already discussed, but is there a specific reason why pandas isn't part of the QGIS python distribution? I saw a couple of discussions on how to get it installed, however every dependency installation lowers the "user-friendliness" - imagine I write a script, format it is a processing tool and send it someone, explaining that he/she has to install dependencies is an additional step, which could, theoretically, be avoided...

Pandas is an extremely wide used library, so this must have already come up?

Cheers