[Qgis-user] QGIS-Server: How support label in map-unit in both epsg:4326 and other projected srs

Andrea Peri aperi2007 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 03:42:14 PST 2018

Hi,
I notice that QGIS when rendering a map in a projected srs and has labels
in map-unit need a value like (as example) "7" this need "do a label of 7
and scale it using the scale value.

But when the project is in epsg:4326 (a decimal degree unit system).
The value for the dimension of the labl in map-unit need to be more lower.
Infact using a value like 7 simply is too big and the label do not appear.

Instead appear if I use a value like 0,0004.

These difference are a big trouble when we pass to qgis-server.

Infact a wms allow the requests of map in a projected srs but also in a
geographical srs like epsg:4326.

These mean that a project server with qgis-server , in the label compoenent
dont work both in projected srs and decimal degree srs.

Should need a workaround to change the dimension of label when the user
request switch from a projected to a geographicsl srs.

So I like to know if someone has found some workaround to have this switch
automatically.

Many thx,
Andrea.

Andrea Peri