[Qgis-user] Mac QGIS 3 & Python 3

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Wed Mar 14 11:23:39 PDT 2018

I'm getting a lot of email about Python 3 on OS X.  I built QGIS to require the python.org Python 3.

Sorry, but you can't subsitute another python installation (ie homebrew or anaconda), QGIS links to the python library to run its own python interpreter, so it's not a simple path change or substitution.

I chose python.org as a reasonable "official" (it comes from python.org) and easy distribution, and to account for other distros would mean separate QGIS binaries needed, or link updating at install which would create problems for app signing when I get to that.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"I ache, therefore I am.  Or in my case - I am, therefore I ache."

- Marvin