[Qgis-user] How to get web map layers on QGIS 3 on Mac

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Sun Mar 25 23:28:35 PDT 2018

On 26-03-18 08:24, Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:
> On 26-03-18 04:26, Alan McKay wrote:
>> Yup it works - thanks
>>
>> But it is not showing my layer on top of the base layer - I don't see
>> my stuff at all.
>
> Can it be you hit:
> https://issues.qgis.org/issues/18409

Ah wait, it is not showing YOUR layer... I was talking about the xyz layer.
Then probably you did not set the right crs/projection/epsg code for
your data?
I think the quickmapservices plugin sets your project to epsg:3857. If
that is the first layer then it will stay like this.
If you first load YOUR layer your project will probably in the crs of
you data (or at least what it tells is the crs of your data).

See in 2.18 what is the crs of the project, and your data and adjust in
3.0 to the same values.

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde