[Qgis-user] TIN Interpolation from points (survey) with break (interrupt or constraint) lines

casoli at risorsaterra.it casoli at risorsaterra.it
Wed Mar 28 10:23:41 PDT 2018

Hi everybody

I have a PointSHP with Z field value that represents the survey on a step vineyard: points have
been token along base and edge of steps to represent slope breaks.

In order to build a TIN (DEM) I created a line SHP and drew a series of lines linkingĀ  relatedĀ
points (respecting morphological alignements).

Then I tried to build a triangulagion TIN (DEM) by "Interpolation TIN" tool using my points with
their Z elevation field and my breaklinesline SHP to constrain triangulation inside each slope
or step.

But the TIN obtained is a regular inclined surface that follows the general slope of the whole
survey given by mean of z value of points: no steps no slopes.

Where I miss? What is the way to build a TIN from points with constrain lines?

I send an image that represents the points and breaklines on a orthophoto foreground and beside
the same vector elements on the resulting TIN by interpolation.

Thanks in advance.

--

/_*Riccardo Casoli*_, Geologo(email:casoli at risorsaterra.it <mailto:casoli at risorsaterra.it>;
cell:3289026131)/

Studio Associato Risorsaterra
di Barbonaglia, Casoli, Colombo, Cravello
Agricoltura, geologia, foreste
via Coda, 22/e
13900 Biella Chiavazza
Tel e fax: 01523346