[Qgis-user] QGIS 3.0.1

Martin Bittens martin.bittens at gmx.de
Wed Mar 28 15:33:40 PDT 2018

Hello, dear QGIS-Users.

Today I tried to install the latest version of QGIS (QGIS 3.1, 64bit
network installation). The download and the installation process worked
fine, but the post-install stopped at "/etc/postinstall/qgis.bat". I
could only click on "Cancel" to finish the installation what led to an
uncompleted, not working QGIS. I tried also the express installation but
got the same result. The installation stopped as soon as the
post-install started. My computer is a Win10-64bit machine. Under Win7
which I am running in a virtual machine on the same computer the QGIS3
installation worked perfect without any problems.

Does anybody know how I can solve the problem?

Thank you for your help.

Martin