[Qgis-user] QGIS 3 clipping raster with a polygon - problem

David Addy davesgrandad at gmail.com
Wed May 23 08:12:04 PDT 2018

I have had another go with another dataset.
I have tried both these algorithms in QGIS 3.0.2:
1.	Gdal ->" Raster extraction" -> "Clip raster by mask layer"
2.	Saga -> "Vector <-> raster" -> "Clip raster with polygon"
Both give an error message.
In the case of GDAL it is :"GDAL command output:
ERROR 6: SetColorTable() only supported for Byte or UInt16 bands in TIFF
format."
I must be completely misunderstanding both these processes.
By reverting to QGIS 2.18.16 the GDAL algorithm works quite happily on the
same geotiff using the same shp file polygon to clip it..
In Q3 I do not understand why the output file entry box is labelled
Clipped(mask) and the box contains (save to temporary file)
Are there some other entries I need to make it work?