[Qgis-user] [QGIS-Server 3] Labels show as squares

Bernhard Ströbl bernhard.stroebl at jena.de
Thu May 31 23:22:23 PDT 2018

Hi,

I am facing the following issue with QGIS-Server 3: All my labels are
shown as black squares (one square for each letter).
First the reason seemed to be the path the application was looking for
fonts as lots of messages "QFontDatabase: Cannot find font directory
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/fonts" got thrown.
The fonts are installed in /usr/share/fonts so I added a symlink as a
workaround, now the messages are gone but the labels are still squares.
Any hint what I am missing?

BTW: How can I convince Qt to simply use the system fonts and not look
in /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/fonts?

System: QGIS-Server 3.0.3 on Debian Stretch (dockerized, Image:
php:7-apache)

regards
Bernhard

__________ Information from ESET Mail Security, version of virus signature database 17480 (20180601) __________