[Qgis-user] Can't find Python

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Thu Nov 1 10:29:37 PDT 2018

On Thu, Nov 1, 2018 at 9:34 AM Daniele ViganĂ² <daniele at vigano.me> wrote:

> Hi Clifford,
>
> how did you installed QGIS 3.4? Are you using my packages (
> https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/dani/qgis/)?
>
> Have you installed the 'python3-qgis' package?
>
> $ sudo dnf install qgis python3-qgis
>

> Daniele,
Thanks for getting back to me.

I did use your package but didn't install the python3-qgis. After I
originally installed qgis, I went searching for a python qgis package but
must have missed it. Shouldn't it be required by the qgis rpm so it
installs as one of qgis's dependancies.

After installing python3-qgis python still isn't found. Now I get the
following warnings:

Couldn't load SIP module.
Python support will be disabled.
 ImportError: /lib64/libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5_PRIVATE_API' not found
(required by /usr/local/lib64/python3.6/site-packages/PyQt5/QtCore.so)

Note that python3-sip is installed

and

An error occurred during execution of following code:
qgis.utils.uninstallErrorHook()

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "", line 1, in
NameError: name 'qgis' is not defined