[Qgis-user] Fwd: qgis - v.vol.rst from grass

Luigi Pirelli luipir at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 00:12:44 PST 2018

follows these steps

1) install plugin "reload" that allow you to reload plugin (e.g.
processing) without restart qgis... this is useful to test your algoritm.
Btw, for the nature of some temporary path classes in aprocessing, the
plugin would continue to generate temporary stuffs in the session id of the
previous processing session... in few word, reload processiong can have
some side effects. btw this are side effects only for developers

2) clone the qgis code in https://github.com/qgis/QGIS
3) read carefully the guide in:
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/python/plugins/processing/algs/grass7/grass7.txt
(r in your local clone)
4) find a similar grass algoritm to that has similar input or output
prameters => step 5
5) check how the interface is specified in one of descriptors in
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/python/plugins/processing/algs/grass7/description
6) generate you new alg descriptor in
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/python/plugins/processing/algs/grass7/description
7) copy the entire directory in the your local plugin directory (depends on
platform) or do a link directly to
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/python/plugins/processing/
8) reload processing plugin (or restart qgis) and test
9) open
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/python/plugins/processing/algs/grass7/TODO.md
10) repeat from 6 until TODO list is empty ;)

cheers and thanks to add support to another algorithm... as you can see any
qgis user can develop the correct interface to grass algorithms giving an
important contribution to the community.

Luigi Pirelli

* GitHub: https://github.com/luipir
* Mastering QGIS 2nd Edition:
*