[Qgis-user] HDF Bug [Was: Raster formats in Qgis 3.4]

Jorge Gustavo Rocha jgr at geomaster.pt
Wed Nov 28 13:41:19 PST 2018

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the example. I was able to read it without any problem (in
current QGIS master version).

I'm still using GDAL 2.2.3.

You can see the dialog at
https://gist.github.com/jgrocha/347e8fee0828d3c3176ed1644d76f897

I didn't trace the fix, but the problem is already solved (I think).

Regards,

Jorge Gustavo

Às 18:30 de 28/11/18, Alex M escreveu:
> On Qgis-user an issue was reported with loading HDF5 files in QGIS 3.4
> no Windows 10.
>
> I was able to confirm that HDF5 files fail in QGIS 3.4.1, on Linux also.
> Not just the user's file but file I also have. In both cases the files
> work fine in QGIS 2.18.
>
> This appears to be a regression related to subdatasets (sublayers). No
> dialog comes up asking the user which subdataset to load, and hence the
> load fails with a Provider is not Valid message.
>
> Only bug info I can find was an old patch that solved this 7 years ago:
> https://issues.qgis.org/issues/5041
>
> Here's a MODIS image in HDF5 for people to test with.
> https://drive.google.com/open?id=1hQEi3cRdVRlxih06nbo0gygAvJE08ft7
>
> A secondary, minor issue, the Browser doesn't see the file if it has an
> extension beyond .hdf, in this the case .h5 was what the user supplied.
>
> Thanks,
> Alex
>
> On 11/27/18 10:26, Alex M wrote:
>> Yes, please share with the group.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Alex
>>
>> On 11/27/18 10:20, Anabel Lamaro wrote:
>>>  Thank you very much for your answer. I use Windows 10 and I have just
>>> installed version 3.14 Madeira of the Qgis software. I enclose the error
>>> message in a screenshot. I'll see if I can send you a link to the image.
>>> Thank you very much Anabel

Logo*   Geomaster, LDA*
  *VENHA DESCOBRIR O CAMINHO DO OPEN SOURCE CONNOSC**O

*

Avenida Barros e Soares
N.º 423, 4715-214 Braga
VAT/NIF510 906 109