[Qgis-user] QGIS with Boundless Explorer

Mats Elfström mats.elfstrom at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 01:30:27 PST 2018

 Hi!
I am struggling with a QGIS - Boundless Geoserver Explorer - Geoserver
setup.
I realise that Boundless' stuff is pretty outdated, so I'd like to know
which the latest versions are that are supposed to run together? Also, if
there are certain 32-64 dependencies that must be met.
The platform is a Windows 2012 64 cloud server.
Curently, I have

   - QGIS 2.18.25 32 bit
   - Geoserver Explorer 0.6 (boundless repository)
   - Geoserver 2.13.3 on JVM 1.8.0_191 32 bit

This does not work. I get a recurring Python error:

local variable 'layerItem' referenced before assignment

or various other fatal Python errors when attempting to publish layers and
generally communicating with the Geoserver.

There is no QGIS 3 version of the plugin.

I have tried Geoserver 2.14 to no avail.

I have also tried the QGIS version from Boundless, the so called Boundless
Desktop. Same error unfortunately.

This points to the Geoserver version as the culprit. Is anybody able to
confirm this?

I would really not like to downgrade that, since I'd like this server setup
to be as current as possible.

The bug tracker at Boundless github has similar questions, but no help.

I'd appreciate any troubleshooting hints.

Regards, Mats.E

Mats Elfström, Väpplingvägen 21, SE-227 38 LUND, Sweden
tel: +46 46 145959 / mob: +46 70 595 39 35
alt e-mail: mats.elfstrom at giskraft.com <mats.elfstrom at telia.com>