[Qgis-user] QNEAT3

johnrobot johnrobot at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 05:20:45 PST 2018

Hi
I am having issues using the QNEAT3 plugin in QGIS 3.4.1:

- When I run the tool "Iso-Area as Polygons" it starts listing "Adding xyz
Nodes to the pointcloud...". However, after a few minutes of calculations,
it seems to get stuck at 40% and the windows goes blank. If I click the
scroll bar, I can see that new nodes are added. Improved feedback to user
would help.

- Using a layer of two points, it takes some 2-3 hours of calculations to
create the polygon layer output and parts of it seem incorrect (a wide,
unnatural hole from west to east in the polygons).

- Using a layer of 5 points, it takes some 24 hours and the result seems
completely wrong (only a fraction of the poygons are created.

- Also, would it make sense to add support for OpenCL (recently added in
QGIS) for speeding up the calculations?

Regards,

Magnus