[Qgis-user] Bringing georeferenced rasters into QGIS

jmc at jmcgeo.com jmc at jmcgeo.com
Tue Apr 2 23:29:47 PDT 2019

Hi, first post here.  I am migrating an old project to QGIS to see how it
handles my day to day work and have hit a snag.

QGIS doesn't seem to recognise my world files.  Generally these follow the
following filename convention:

XXX.jpg ---> XXX.jgw

XXX.tif ---> XXX.tfw

I have tried creating a file XXX.wld and the georeferencing tool cautions me
that it is there and overwrites it, but when I put the old data back in it,
it still pays no attention.  The XXX.yzW files were created in the ArcGIS
georeferencing tool and work fine in ArcGIS and Mapinfo.

Thanks in advance.