[Qgis-user] Bringing georeferenced rasters into QGIS

Patrick Dunford enzedrailmaps at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 19:24:01 PDT 2019

The world file only contains the coordinates and pixel size information
for a raster file that tell Qgis where to place it on the canvas and how
wide to draw it. This information is in the coordinates of a particular
CRS. The world file does not actually specify the CRS. The CRS is
specified in another file.

e.g. if I have a file called 123.jpg the world file for it will be 123.jgw

The other files (one of which at least specifies the CRS) that the
rasters I download from a particular web site I source a lot of rasters
from) could include:

123.xml

123.jpg.aux.xml