[Qgis-user] 190415 - Is there a size limitation on import of csv files in QGIS 2.18 and 3.4?

Paul T A Drea pauldrea at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 00:19:16 PDT 2019

Hello List,

I am running QGIS v3.4 Madiera LTR and QGIS v2.18 Las Palmas on Mac OS
Mojave v10.14.4.

I import a lot of data in *.csv and *.txt files and then convert to
*.shp and run various QC queries on them.

This morning I have had an "error", both in QGIS 2.18 and 3.4. Both
sytems are hanging and I have to force quit to get out of QGIS.

The 2 csv files I am trying to bring in are 161024 rows of data and
165678 rows of data respectively.

The second file (165678 rows of data) hangs both QGIS 2.18 and 3.4. This
also happens on a Win10 machine.

My question is: Is there a limitation on the number of rows that can be
imported in a csv file?

Thanks in advance.

Paul

--