[Qgis-user] Import of Large CSV File

Nicolas Cadieux nicolas.cadieux at archeotec.ca
Tue Apr 16 06:06:11 PDT 2019

Hi,

That can work up well to a million lines.  That does work well for smaller files. If the file come from Excel, it will have a tendency of adding extra empty columns in cells that have been erased. Notepad++ will get you farther and GVim even more but these are simple texte editor.  If the error something like a empty row or commas in a texte field that add row, you will most likely never find it.  That’s how I got into Python.  The simple ideas in Python is to count the row of each line in a comma separated or space sep file and to make sure each x and y fields are actually floats and to print out the first few problem line.That will find most errors In a LiDAR file anyway.

Nicolas