[Qgis-user] DB Manager:"Load as new layer" query from point data returns invisible poylgon layer

Bernd Vogelgesang bernd.vogelgesang at gmx.de
Mon Apr 29 16:51:37 PDT 2019

Hi,

it seems that my project was somehow broken. After a while zooming out
froze the application. After setting up everything from zero, the "Load
as new layer" button works as expected. Great!

Big "but": When such a layer (is it a virtual layer?) is present in the
project, I can't edit the underlying GeoPackage anymore. Trying to add
an entry to a table (which of course will change the query result of the
new layer), an error is thrown that the database is locked. Afterwards
all layers from the geopackage even disappear from thecanvas and I can't
even reconnect to the database in DB Manager, so I have to restart QGIS.

Removing this virtual layer from the project enables editing of the
tables again.

This is somehow unpleasant, cause I thought that I finally found a way
to easily indicate the points I still have to work on through a query,
but it seems that visualizing and editing the source at the same time is
not possible :(

With sad greetings,,

Bernd