[Qgis-user] Change Symbol

Dave Gardiner 2dave.gardiner at gmail.com
Mon Dec 9 16:56:37 PST 2019

Hi - I'm undertaking a crash course in using QGIS for a geological
application. I have imported field data into a layer which holds tabled
attributes against a symbol feature. Can someone please advise me how to
change the symbol style (even to a different symbol altogether) depending
upon the value returned against the attribute. For example, The Feature is
"localityID" of which one of its attributes is "planeType". planeType has a
variable against it e.g. Bedding or Fault or Outcrop etc. Depending on the
value, I would like to differentiate as a unique symbol.
Hope someone can help

Regards
Dave