[Qgis-user] Record the cracks in our (private) streets

Charlotte Toma charlotte.toma at wheregroup.com
Mon Dec 16 00:20:21 PST 2019

Hi Doug,

you can create photogrammetric export models (e.g. DEM, point cloud)
with the open source software OpenDroneMap. Try WebODM [1] with the
graphical user interface - you can install it with docker. The DEM is
perfect for QGIS, you can create a 3D view of your Street with the 3d
map view in QGIS and calculate the volume of the cracks.

Furthermore you can compare your pointclouds with the open source
software CloudCompare [2] (Function "Cloud to Cloud Distance (C2C)") -
with this function you can determine the change between two models (your
two flights).

[1] https://www.opendronemap.org/webodm/
[2] https://www.danielgm.net/cc/

Greetings Charly