[Qgis-user] QGIS 3 - Deactivate "boxes" around labels

Anna Hujber anna at hesse-hujber.de
Thu Jan 10 00:13:35 PST 2019

Hey community,

I use 3.4.3-Madeira on a Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS.

I was modifying labels on a map when several rectangles appeared around
and next to the labels. I ignored them first cuz I was busy working on
making a label appear again I had hidden before and thought the display
of boxes belonged to one of the labeling tools I was working with. When
I had arranged my issue, I intended to deactivate the rectangles that
had appeared around all labels of all layers, assuming that I had
somehow somewhere clicked on a special view option. However, until now I
was not able to figure out what those boxes are, how I had made them
appear in first place and how to get rid of them again.

They also show up in the print layout and on the exported pdf. When I
click on "new map view", though, they are not shown in the new view.
Deactivating labels and reactivating them did not change anything.
Moreover, it is something that applies to all layers, so modifying a
specific layer's label options should not bring any solution.

Thank you,

Anna