[Qgis-user] Trouble with reading raster data from PostGIS

Marks, Constant Constant.Marks at unt.edu
Mon Jul 1 08:46:40 PDT 2019

Can anyone help me with getting my system setup correctly for adding raster layers from a Postgresgl10/PostFIS3 server setup on an RHEL7 server.

I can connect to the database and it shows up in my console but when I go to add a referenced raster layer from the Database Manager I get an error like this in the  Rendering Log:

smodr_5d83364e_b1aa_431d_b8af_c1b1c625710e :: PostGISRasterRasterBand::IRasterIO(): ERROR: rt_band_load_offline_data: Cannot open offline raster: name.tif

In the Layers dialog the extents show as 1.79769e+308/-1.79769e+308.

I can resolve this if I do not use the -R flag when importing the raster into pg using the rater2pgsql function.  I expect this has something to do with the postgis.enable_outdb_raster variable but changing this with SET postgis.enable_outdb_raster TO True does not help.
Any ideas?

Constant Marks
Research Assistant | Computer Science and Engineering
University of North Texas
Office: Discovery Parks F216
e: constant.marks at unt.edu<mailto:constant.marks at unt.edu>
t: (303) 482 7292<tel:482%207292>