[Qgis-user] Zoom to coordinates plugin available for 3.x?

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Thu Jul 4 02:29:04 PDT 2019

On 04/07/2019 08.22, Matthias Kuhn wrote:
> Hi,
>
> not sure about a plugin, but simply entering coordinates in the
> "coordinate line edit" in the status bar and hitting enter has the same
> result without any plugin. Maybe that's just what you need?

I've told people to use this too... untill people received latlon
coordinates while looking into another crs project. Would it be feasible
to make this "coordinate line edit" CRS aware?
Like: for a project, you define which crs you want to see there. And
then that coordinates used there should be in that crs too.
Mmm, thinking about this... then that is not connected anymore to the
Scale and the shown EPSG code....

Ah wait. FULL STOP

now see that the Lat Lon Tools plugin actually ALSO shows Lat Lon
coordinates in the Status bar!
AND that you can change which crs you see there in the settings.
AND that you can copy the coordinates in that crs to clipboard
AND that you see a big crosshair if you use the Zoom to Lat Lon
functionality

Thanks Chris!

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde