[Qgis-user] Not valid data source on wms layer access for QGIS 3.8

Andrea Peri aperi2007 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 6 05:37:18 PDT 2019

Hi,
I load the network plugin and try with it.

I don't understand the result , but is why a really don't now how work
programmatically qgis.

I see when try to connetc to retrieve the list of layers , qgis send a
classic getcapabilities request.
This is the url invoked:
http://www502.regione.toscana.it/ows_ofc/com.rt.wms.RTmap/wms?map=owsofc&SERVICE=WMS&REQUEST=GetCapabilities

But when I try to add the choosed layer tothe map, I see from the network
plugin that qgis resend another getcapabilites request.
Sincerelly I don't understand why qgis is need to request still a
getcapabilites.
However meanwhile the first getcapabilies is read from network (this is
reported from the plugin), instead the second getcapabilies is taken from
the cache.
Infact, the plugin report me it is "used entry from cache".

I don't understand why this second getcapabilities is needed, but however I
have the cace set to ZERO.
I have this set because when I work to change sometimes on the wms server
to see the result I should empty the cache , so I prefer to have the cache
to zero. To have always the last from the network.

So I try to re-enable a lot of cache size.

AND NOW IT WORK.
But sincerelly I don't like to MUST HAVe ALWAYS the cache enabled to have a
workable wms.
Perhaps the real issue is to always use the cache without see that it is
set so ZERO.

However thx for the help.

Andrea.

--