[Qgis-user] Not valid data source on wms layer access for QGIS 3.8

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Sun Jul 7 23:14:10 PDT 2019

On 2019-07-06 15:11, Andrea Peri wrote:
> Hi, Richard,
>
> I like to reproduce what you are reporting me:
>
> So I guess you are seeing the two styles definition and treat it as
> two distinct layers . They instead are only two styles of a layer.
> Also one of them is the default style.

No, I definitly saw more layers (like 20 or so).
My 10 was just a guess, but the layers lists were clearly not the same

> I like to understand better what is this.
> But I don't understand what you mean with "opened that node on the
> browser" . You mean a special browser inside QGIS ?

Yes I mean the Browser panel in QGIS, with the 'node' I mean the node in
that Treeview of wms layers.

But maybe you are right. Maybe it was caching I was looking at?
Is it possible that that same WMS url has been used for a totally
different set of layers?
And that QGIS maybe at one occasion showed me a fresh response, and a
second time an (old) cached response?
In Options/Network you can clean the cache.

Anyway, I cannot reproduce it anymore now. I always get the same 10
layers in both QGIS versions.

Regards,

Richard