[Qgis-user] cannot install OSMDownloader

Christoph Jung jagodki.cj at gmail.com
Sun Jul 21 01:51:09 PDT 2019

Hello everyone,

I am currently using QGIS 3.4 on MacOS 10.13 and tried to install the plugin OSMDownloader, but got the following python error:

File "/Applications/QGIS3.app/Contents/MacOS/../Resources/python/qgis/utils.py", line 672, in _import
    mod = _builtin_import(name, globals, locals, fromlist, level)
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‚future'

The error does not appear in a python file of the plugin, but of QGIS.

A module named future will not be called in the given line (this would I expect by this error message). I opened the file and searched for the word future, but did not find anything. Does anybody has an idea how this error can be solved?

Sincerely,
Christoph