[Qgis-user] WMS/WMTS layers removed from project if offline

Patrick Dunford enzedrailmaps at gmail.com
Sat Jul 27 03:45:38 PDT 2019

Good day

I have three WMS/WMTS layers in my project and if the internet
connection of my computer is active when I load the project, there is no
problem with these layers. However if the internet is offline when I
load the project, the layers are flagged as "missing layers" and are
removed from the project.

This makes absolutely no sense in the project. The missing layers dialog
to me is one that comes up when the files that store the layers are
physically not present on my computer. In this case, the details of
these WMS/WMTS layers are stored in the project file, so they are not
physically missing from the project. Whether there is an accessible
internet connection to the layer should not actually matter unless I
tried to display the layers.

I don't know how to stop this problem from happening but I don't want to
have to have two different versions of my project in case there might
not be an internet connection available when I am using my laptop
somewhere.