[Qgis-user] Is location info included in metadata when save an image file?

qgis-user at stripfamily.net qgis-user at stripfamily.net
Mon Jun 3 17:32:39 PDT 2019

As a purely empirical experiment -
I exported a map canvas (the OP's goal)  to jpeg with no world file. I
opened a new map and brought in the jpeg as a layer. qgis could NOT
geolocate it. I would think (hope?) that if qgis were writing location
data to the file it would be able to read it.
This result is consistent with the various assertions that there is no
geo-data in a jpeg, as it does not appear in the exif metadata.