[Qgis-user] Is location info included in metadata when save an image file?

Kirk Schmidt kirk at nortekresources.com
Tue Jun 4 10:27:24 PDT 2019

Ert:

With a jpg or png file, the coordinate data are stored in the world file
(a simple text file with the pixel x gsd , rotation,pixel y gsd, x
coordinate, top left, y coordinate top left - see sample below).  For a
pdf, the coordinate data is stored within the pdf and you would have to
check the geo-pdf specs to see where they are stored.  If you write a
geotiff, the coordinates will be contained withing the file header.

Sample tiff world file (*.tfw)

0.0250000000
0.000000
0.000000