[Qgis-user] Date formula in Layout label

b.j.kobben at utwente.nl b.j.kobben at utwente.nl
Tue Jun 11 04:48:50 PDT 2019

in these dialogs, double-quating is for variable (column) names, single quoting for strings (like most expression builders and eg. also in SQL)...
...and you are correct, this is not stated in any obvious place, that should be made more clear!

--
Barend Köbben

On 11/06/2019, 13:08, "Qgis-user on behalf of DelazJ" <qgis-user-bounces at lists.osgeo.org<mailto:qgis-user-bounces at lists.osgeo.org> on behalf of delazj at gmail.com<mailto:delazj at gmail.com>> wrote:

Hi,

Reading the help of the format_date function, the second argument should be a string, and I'm not sure that "yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm" is necessarily read as string in this context. I actually don't know what it's read as.