[Qgis-user] Exact format of geometry_columns table

Lars I. Nielsen, LIFA A/S lin at LIFA.DK
Tue Jun 11 06:46:19 PDT 2019

Hi list.

The metadata table "geometry_columns" is essential to getting QGIS right.

A former collegaue told me, that QGIS now requires that the field known as "geometry_type" (or also seen: "geom_type") now needs to be named "type".

We just discovered that this column name in "geometry_columns" makes Geoserver go completely bonkers.

I'm a little loss here about what's required and what's not. And the online archives are not very helpful, as I've seen at least three different field names floating around in cyberspace.

Can anyone tell me what is authoritatively correct with regard to this metadata table in QGIS 3 ?

Med venlig hilsen

Lars I. Nielsen, LIFA A/S
GIS-konsulent, FME Certified Professional
Geoinformatik
[Beskrivelse: C:\Users\lin\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\signatures\284x82-Images-Get-L749-l3.gif]

6313 6800

@

lin at lifa.dk

6313 6849

www.lifa.dk<http://www.lifa.dk>

2492 4866

CVR

20937289

[Beskrivelse: C:\Users\lin\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\signatures\21x21-Images-Get-L749-l8.png]<https://www.linkedin.com/company/lifa-a-s/>
Følg os på LinkedIn og læs de seneste nyheder fra LIFA A/S