[Qgis-user] linking/joining tables

Pat Brown mistyhaven at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 06:18:17 PDT 2019

I have a layer which displays quarter degree squares for the whole country.
I also have a csv file containing two fields. One of these is a field for
quarter degree squares and the other is a plant that occur in those QDSs.
The same plant species occurs in a number of different QDSs. I want to join
the tables so that I can display the QDSs that have an occurrence of that
plant species. I have tried using MMQGIS, using the common filed in each
table. However I get an error message:

AttributeError: 'QVariant' object has no attribute 'lower'

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:/Users/Pat/AppData/Roaming/QGIS/QGIS3\profiles\default/python/plugins\mmqgis\mmqgis_dialogs.py",
line 648, in run
    output_file_name, self.mmqgis_status_callback)
  File "C:/Users/Pat/AppData/Roaming/QGIS/QGIS3\profiles\default/python/plugins\mmqgis\mmqgis_library.py",
line 678, in mmqgis_attribute_join
    key = attributes[join_index].lower().strip()
AttributeError: 'QVariant' object has no attribute 'lower'

I am obviously doing something wrong. Can someone please point me in
the right direction to sort this out?

Thanks,

Paddy