[Qgis-user] Version 3.4.7 (LTR) is locking MapInfo tab files

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Tue Jun 25 07:34:50 PDT 2019

On mardi 25 juin 2019 13:34:47 CEST Paul Wittle wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I believe there may already be a bug ticket for this but I've found my
> deployment of QGIS is causing MapInfo errors when opening MapInfo tab
> files. It happens when you load the TAB file and also when you open the
> project and it even happens when a TAB file is open but not rendering.

Was reported at https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/issues/29885

What is annoying is that I fixed that issue 2 years ago per
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/3034.
I can't see what has changed on GDAL or QGIS side regarding how and when files
are opened in read-only vs read-write mode since then. So perhaps this would
be related to a change on MapInfo side how it opens files in newer versions.

Even

http://www.spatialys.com