[Qgis-user] change default webbrowser in qgis3 settings?

Groene Bij mail at groenebij.nl
Sun Jun 30 05:26:46 PDT 2019

Hi all,

I have finally been able to reproduce the issue. Now maybe someone can help me find an answer?
Using Windows10, qgis 3.4.x and the latest qgis2web plugin there is different behavior based on where I save the qgis2web export.
Qgis2web automatically opens the webmap after saving the export.

Saving the qgis2web export on my Synology NAS drive results in the webmap being opened with Windows Internet Explorer.
Saving the qgis2web export on my pc hard drive (the same hdd where qgis is installed) result in the webmap being opened with my default browser: Firefox.

This to me seems very odd and since Internet Explorer is not my default browser it is a nuisance as well.
Besides, qgis 2.18 did not show this behavior.

Anyone any idea why the save location influences which program to run the webmap in?
The issue is closed but unresolved on the qgis2web github:
https://github.com/tomchadwin/qgis2web/issues/709