[Qgis-user] How calculate sequential values based on spatial pattern

Fernando M. Roxo da Motta petro at roxo.org
Wed May 1 17:15:58 PDT 2019

On Wed, 1 May 2019 16:38:41 -0500, Apoyo Carbono
<ana.munevar at fcgsas.com> wrote:

> Hi!
> I need your help. I need to Create a numbers sequentially in a "Points
> shapefile"  with a spacial pattern.
> For example, the point number 1 start northwestern and the next
> numbers points will be order from west to east. For the next row (to
> South) going from west to east too.
> And so on, the values points increase to the south. Therefore the last
> point will be in the southeast.
> For now I'm doing manual but it is around 1,000 points!

  This looks like a lot to a 3D seismic survey.  🤔🤔🤔

  I had a script for Qgis 2.x that worked well enough to be useful to
me.  The points were generated using a grid support.  In your case I
would have a set of EW lines spaced regularly from north to south, and
numbered that way.

  During the points generation I had two (among others) attributes
associated to each point.   The first one was a point number within the
line and the other the line number.

  The points were generated so that all points with the same point
number were parallel to another set of line (usually perpendicular to
the first one).

  I don't know if this is like you are looking for, the point here (pun
unintended) were to associate the numbering attribut while generating
the points.

  Hope this helps.

> I hope that you understand my situation. Can you help me? I could
> send you the shapefile with an example better explained

  Roxo

P.S.- It is possible to still have tose set of scripts luking around
somewhere, they were never ported to 3.X.  They were too horrible to
begin with.  😇😇
--
---------------- Non luctari, ludare -------------------+ WYSIWYG
Fernando M. Roxo da Motta <petro at roxo.org>              | Editor?