[Qgis-user] Questions wrt. problems with empty layers

Lars I. Nielsen, LIFA A/S lin at LIFA.DK
Wed May 8 02:33:52 PDT 2019

Hi all.

We're working with a number of projects, which statically open a fixed number of layers. All layers are fetched using WFS / WFS-T.

Each layer has an extensive rule based styling, and an extensive field/attribute dialog setup. This is saved in the project file.

Our plugin changes the data provider filter for many layers, when the user works with the data. These filters are also saved in the project, of course.

Our problem is, that if the user accidently chooses a work area (= new data provider filter), which contain no data in any layer, those layers lose all styling etc. And it's apparently impossible to recover these styles etc. by changing the filter back.

So basically the user's project is unrecoverably trashed at this point in time.

A - Is this a correct description of how QGIS handles "no-data" layers ?

B - Are there any standard ways to handle this in QGIS (using metadata or otherwise) in an automated fashion (i.e. not manually) ?

C - If the answers to A and B are yes and no resp., are there any plans to remedy this serious problem ?

Med venlig hilsen
Lars I. Nielsen, LIFA A/S
GIS-konsulent, FME Certified Professional

[Beskrivelse: C:\Users\lin\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\signatures\284x82-Images-Get-L749-l3.gif]

6313 6800

@

lin at lifa.dk

6313 6849

www.lifa.dk<http://www.lifa.dk>

2492 4866

CVR

20937289

Vi tilbyder interne og eksterne kurser. Du kan finde mere information i vores kursuskalender<https://www.lifa.dk/kursuskalender>

[Beskrivelse: C:\Users\lin\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\signatures\21x21-Images-Get-L749-l8.png]<https://www.linkedin.com/company/lifa-a-s/>
Følg os på LinkedIn og læs de seneste nyheder fra LIFA A/S