[Qgis-user] Cross section in QGIS 3.4 LTR

Francesco Pelullo f.pelullo at gmail.com
Thu May 9 01:17:37 PDT 2019

Hi all,

I'm trying to generate vertical sections in QGIS.

Profile tool plugin is nice, but It only make sections of DTM raster.

Instead, I'd like to make sections of other layers too, e.g. of extruded
polygonal layer representing buildings.

A good solution could be QGIS2threejs, but It seem to me there are two
problems:

1. Can I make a vertical section in QGIS2threejs? E.g., can I "mask" or
filter or hide object between camera position and a certain
line/polygon/plane that represent the cutting line?

2. Can I compose a print layout with a QGIS2threejs view? Is It necessary
to export objects?

Thank you

Francesco