[Qgis-user] 3D map scripting

Darrel Maddy darrel.maddy at newcastle.ac.uk
Fri May 17 07:02:39 PDT 2019

I am trying to create a timeseries of views using 3D map. This involves a base height model (updated every 50 views) with nearly 7000 separate data overlays (one at a time). These will be exported as single frames and collated into a movie.

I am happy with the views I am creating manually now and I have been looking for a way to automate this process (as I do not want to prepare 7000 frames individually). Can this be done in scripting? Or is there a macro type facility that at least would ease the pain ?

I am happy to write the code (in Python) if there is a way to access the 3d map window. It also appears that the settings cannot be saved i.e. any changes to the default view - again anyway to keep this persistent would be welcome. Maybe I am just missing something obvious?

Thanks in anticipation of your help.

Darrel