[Qgis-user] las files

Luigi Pirelli luipir at gmail.com
Mon May 20 03:39:49 PDT 2019

Hi Tony

the only free (as speach) solutions are WhiteBox (integrated in Processign
via provider plugin but not so wide community) and Fusion (only for Win)...
LAStools better integrated in QGIS has only some tools available with free
licence.

as correctly said PDAL by Andreas is not yet well supported in QGIS... I
did PDALTools plugin to integrate run of pdal pipelines ins a
QGIS/Processing modeler. Probably timing was not the correct one, because I
supposed to have contribution a new models and pipelines to this provider.
Probably I'll have more chances to work on it next months.

BTW if you need support to try to use PDAL in a QGIS processign context,
please write me, or in IRC channel, or this dev list or opening issues to
PDALTools.
Other than this, you can use PDAL without using QGIS at all to create a DEM.

The best way to have QGIS and PDAL integrated is using the Anaconda
packaging. In this way you can also use python-pdal bindings also inside
QGIS.

regards

Luigi Pirelli

* GitHub: https://github.com/luipir