[Qgis-user] CRS / reprojection problems

Matt Boyd mattslists at gmail.com
Wed May 22 16:56:15 PDT 2019

Kosza replied to me and suggested I try epsg 4283 instead of epsg 4938

Is it usual to have 2 CRS with the same name, one of which appears to be
projected and the other not, I don't think I've seen this before. There
still seems to be something odd about 4938, but I don't see any reason to
use it so it shouldn't bother me.

Here's where I can learn something. Does anyone know what the deal with
this is? I can see a need for a different projections, but is there
supposed to be a better way of naming it that I didn't pick up on, am I
going to need to remember epsg codes form now on?

Thanks
Matt