[Qgis-user] Fuller Dymaxion Projection Imagery & Digital Elevation Models Largish Scale

Keith Winston keithwins at gmail.com
Fri May 24 16:39:05 PDT 2019

I am a proto-beginner with QGIS. I'm a mid-novice with GIS & mapping.
I am hoping to produce a large-scale world Fuller/Dymaxion projection with
both/either satellite imagery & digital elevation data and state/national
boundaries (maybe cities), intended to be printed out at something like
10,000 x 20,000 pixels (around 2m x 4m or so, in color).
I would like to learn how to do this, I wonder if anyone could help sketch
out a roadmap, or otherwise help me get started? Just a quick outline of
the kinds of things I'm going to need to learn to do? I've only played with
QGIS a bit, and I'm going to be doing this in my (very little) spare time,
so it may take months, but I generally find I learn things best when I have
a project to work on. However. at the beginning I don't even know what I
need to learn first.
If there are particularly good/applicable tutorials, or anything else you
can point me towards, I'd be very grateful. I realize I may be overreaching
for a beginner, that's ok. Thanks for any help!