[Qgis-user] Swamp identification

Nicolas Cadieux nicolas.cadieux at archeotec.ca
Wed Oct 2 11:45:58 PDT 2019

Hi,

I see you have been pointed to the semi automatic classification plugin.  Note that Google Earth is not usable for such work unless you simply want to make a visual identification.  Landsat can be used.  You should look at various peer review papers if you want to make a good job.  This is not as simple as it looks.  Also, identifying the correct type of swamp, bog... is one of the most difficult things to do.

Nicolas