[Qgis-user] [QGIS-Developer] Geodesic Line Simplification

C Hamilton adenaculture at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 07:33:27 PDT 2019

Good question. Geodesic math will take more time to compute. If you are
using a local projection and the area of interest is small then it will be
faster using euclidean math, but if your projection is using degrees
(WGS84) or you are covering a large area then geodesic is a better choice.

Best wishes,

Calvin