[Qgis-user] QGIS 3 - Joins

b.j.kobben at utwente.nl b.j.kobben at utwente.nl
Fri Oct 18 02:52:59 PDT 2019

Another way would be to leave the joining up to Postgres, i.e. create a VIEW with the Join and load that view as a layer in QGIS...
--
Barend Köbben

On 18/10/2019, 10:16, "Qgis-user on behalf of Burghardt.Scholle at stadt.wolfsburg.de" <qgis-user-bounces at lists.osgeo.org on behalf of Burghardt.Scholle at stadt.wolfsburg.de> wrote:

    Dear list,

    I have a postgres layer that is connected to other postgres lookup tables via joins. QGIS does not take these joins into account when copying a layer (to another project) or when creating style or layer files. This is really annoying if you have to rebuild the joins by hand over and over again. Am I doing something wrong? In the dialog window "Edit Vector Join" I see no further ways. I only activated the option "Cache join layer in virtual memory".

    Any hint is appreciated, thanks.
    I'm using QGIS LTR 3.4.12

    Regards
    Burghardt

    Stadt Wolfsburg
    Geschäftsbereich IT - 15-3 GIS
    Rathaus E, Zi. E 313, Porschestraße 47A, D-38440 Wolfsburg
    Tel +49 5361 28-2531
    Fax +49 5361 28-1765
    mailto:burghardt.scholle at stadt.wolfsburg.de